UGCLife is seeking someone to provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and children’s ministry team of UGCLife. The Children’s Pastor will manage the church-wide direction of UGCLife Kids. This oversight includes direct responsibility for UGCLife Kids, UGCLife Preschool, UGCLife Family Check-in, and the development of family small groups.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
· Ability to communicate the Gospel through various means to children at various ages.
· Leadership background and experience serving with kids. Heart for children and parents.
· Proven ability to lead staff and Dream Team.
· Project management experience.
· Ability to articulate and implement the vision of UGCLife.
· Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
· Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from Dream Team members to parents to kids.
· Solid theological grounding and creativity in kids’ ministry curriculum development.
· Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving. Must be solution oriented.
· Computer competency in Pro Presenter, Microsoft Office, etc.
· Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
I. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Oversee and organize children’s ministry across all UGCLife campuses.
· Develop and oversee implementation of policies throughout all locations and enforce compliance.
· Formulate children’s ministry facility standards for existing and new campuses.
· Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, kids, and special needs ministry leaders and Dream Team members.
· Work closely with ministry leaders at each campus and analyze effectiveness of programming and adjust as needed.
· Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services.
· Recruit, develop and train high quality leaders for staff and Dream team roles.
· Consistent communication with key leaders and parents.
· Develop healthy community among parents and equip parents for discipleship through Sunday and small group experience.
· Oversee all aspects of department administration to include: P.O. processing, budget forecasting, purchasing, departmental account tracking, and Human Resource needs.
· Responsible for recruiting volunteers: interviewing process, staff training, Dream Team recruitment.
· Help develop and maintain all security standards.
· Track growth for future development.
· Oversee and develop the Sunday experience for all children.
· Develop curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of UGCLife.
· Oversee special event planning to include Easter Egg Hunt, Summer VBS, & Dream Team appreciation events.
· Oversee quality of services and function at main campus.
· Function as the liaison for the department to the pastoral staff.
· Fulfill pastoral duties including counseling, baptism, communion, hospital visitation, and general pastoral care.
· Lead department meetings and empower staff to fulfill their unique roles.
· Oversee and develop all internal and external communication that represents the UGCLife Kids department.
· Maintain strong communication and relationship with pastoral staff to ensure the vision of the Senior Pastor is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
· Supervisor Responsibilities:
- All UGCLife Kids Dream Team members. This includes Sunday and Wednesday experiences.
· Positive attitude
· Heart of a servant
· Must share the vision of UGCLife to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
This is a full time paid position. The compensation will be based upon experience and will be discussed further in the interview process. To inquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.